When you are pregnant, there is no doubt that you will have plenty to be happy about. However, what is more important is to ensure that you sail through the 9 months of gestation successfully with minimum hassles and maximum benefits for both you and your baby. Here are 5 dos and 5 don’ts that are sure to help you with the same…
5 Dos of Pregnancy
• Go for a complete health check up – This is non-negotiable when you land with the news of pregnancy in the first place. From blood to bones, from hormones to teeth, from heart to EQ… leave nothing to chance. Even the slightest deficiency in your body can bear the risk of affecting your baby. So, approach the best of doctors you can afford to run the necessary tests.
• Adopt a good diet plan – This is the phase when your body will not support junk. So, adopting a healthy diet that is complete with all vital nutrients including protein, vitamins, carbohydrates, fat and minerals is an absolute must. If you have been following some fad diet for fast weight loss, this is time to quit. The fact that you have now got to eat for 2 people (or three for that matter) cannot go hand in hand with shape control.
• Exercise – Exercising is a must to keep yourself physically fit and active during pregnancy. A healthy everyday exercise schedule is the best solution to keep you free of fatigue and also relieve you of unnecessary aches and pains. Approaching professionals to seek top exercise tips for pregnancy can be a very wise thing to do.
• Unload stress through Meditation – Stress can affect your baby and you in many ways than one which makes it imperative to ensure keeping your stress levels down. Engaging in meditation for 20 to 30 minutes every day is a great way to unburden yourself from stress while enhancing your EQ.
• Go through your insurance papers well – This is perhaps the most important part of pregnancy. Looking through your insurance papers will help you brush up on the inclusions and prepare you for taking another policy if there is anything missing in the existing plan.
5 Don’ts during Pregnancy
• Quit smoking – In very simple words, smoking can induce miscarriage. It causes low birth weight in babies and may also results in SIDS that stands for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. So, any time is the best time to quit.
• Quit alcohol – Alcohol intake during pregnancy can cause attention deficit in the baby and can also impede its learning and speech abilities. In very simple words, if you drink through your pregnancy, your baby will be born drunk.
• Ban un-prescribed medication – Using drugs that have not been specifically prescribed or even gross misuse of prescription medication can cause abnormalities in the baby. This is a risk you will never want to take.
• Say NO to late nights – Excessive late nights whether for work or partying can increase stress. This can result in massive complications during pregnancy.
• Steer clear of toxic substances – Pesticides, air fresheners, paint fumes, perfumes, cosmetic substances etc are some of the many toxins you should keep yourself away from. Basically, the ingredients in these products can cause numerous complications to the fetus during pregnancy and after birth.