6 Great Foods For Healthy Hair And Scalp
What goes inside shows outside and this saying applies when it comes to explaining the health of hair as well. While it is true that this is the century when beauty is sold in bottles, growing dependence on hair care products to treat and mend damaged tresses is but natural. However, it is not within the scope of any such superficial solutions that work externally to completely bring back dead hair to life. The present century houses three grave reasons that play their past in damaging hair. In ascending order of their importance, these factors can be named as stress, pollution and diet.
It is the last factor though, that accelerates or reduces the impact of the first two. This means, if you have not been sticking to the right diet there is every possibility that your hair will become limp, dry, prone to breaking and full of split ends on the slightest exposure to the environmental excesses. On the other hand, if your diet is complete with pro hair food, your tresses will be able to withstand the worst imaginable calamities.
Here are 6 great foods that can help in restoring health to your hair…
1) Fish – Rich with omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin D and proteins, fish is your first step to great hair and scalp. This is a one stop solution to thick lush hair that shines not with oil but health.
2) Walnuts – This is nature’s best solution for Vitamin E which is a crucial requirement for healthy hair and scalp. Walnuts also contain copper, which acts as natural sun defense against and offers effective protection against harmful UV rays. A handful of walnuts can thus be your best guard against environmental damage.
3) Dairy products – Dairy products like cottage cheese, yogurt, and cheese work wonders for your hair. The protein and calcium content can be credited with the advantages.
4) Lentils – lentils contain folic acid that accelerates oxygen supply to hair roots and the scalp. Being a vital ingredient for growth of hair and cell renewal, including lentils in your diet is sure to add volume to your strands.
5) Berries – Berries are rich in antioxidants which work in infinite different ways for the cause of hair. From eliminating toxins from the system to countering environmental damage, a bowlful of assorted berries can be a boon to your hair.
6) Eggs – Eggs contain a certain ingredient called biotin that tends to add sheen to hair. Today, many hair care products make use of biotin as one of their star ingredients. So, an egg a day can be great to add shine and bounce to your hair.
The fact that these are also the foods that feature in almost every diet tip for weight loss, you can enjoy a reduced waistline as an added bonus.